Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Dates:
The Election Commission announced that the Lok Sabha elections 2019 will begin on April 11 and will be held over seven phases followed by counting of votes on May 23.
Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora said that the model code of conduct would come into immediate effect from March 10 and 10 lakh polling stations would be set up this time as against about 9 lakh in 2014.
Therefore, Nearly 90 crore voters will be eligible to vote for 543 Lok Sabha constituencies across the country.
The Election Commission said that the ‘voter-verifiable paper audit trail’ (VVPAT) will be used in all polling stations this time.
Lok Sabha Elections 2019 Schedule:
|Phase 1– April 11||States- 20||Seats- 91|
|Phase 2– April 18||States- 13||Seats-97|
|Phase 3– April 23||States-14||Seats- 115|
|Phase 4– April 29||States- 9||Seats- 71|
|Phase 5– May 6||States-7||Seats- 51|
|Phase 6– May 12||States-7||Seats-59|
|Phase 7– May 19||States-8||Seats-59|
Phase-1 of Lok Sabha elections:
- Phase-1 polling is on April 11, 2019, in a total of 91 constituencies spread across 20 states.
- Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Andaman and Lakshadweep.
Phase-2 of Lok Sabha elections:
- Phase-2 polling is on April 18, 2019, in a total of 97 constituencies spread across 13 states.
- Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Manipur, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, and Puducherry.
Phase-3 of Lok Sabha elections:
- Phase-3 polling is on April 23 in a total of 115 constituencies spread across 14 states.
- Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Daman and Diu.
Phase-4 of Lok Sabha elections:
- Phase-4 polling is on April 29 in a total of 71 constituencies spread across 9 states.
- Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Phase-5 of Lok Sabha elections:
- Phase-5 polling is on May 6 in a total of 51 constituencies spread across 7 states.
- Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
Phase-6 of Lok Sabha elections:
- Phase-6 polling is on May 12 in a total of 59 constituencies spread across 7 states.
- Delhi-NCR, Bihar, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
Phase-7 of Lok Sabha elections:
- Phase-7 polling is on May 19 in a total of 59 constituencies spread across 8 states.
- Bihar, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, West Bengal, Chandigarh (UT), Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh.
Follow and Subscribe to Learning Guide @Learning Guide for more latest updates and information about Aptitude, Reasoning, English, G.k and also for latest job alerts. You can get more latest updates by joining our Facebook Page i.e., Learning Guide. And you can also follow us on Instagram, Twitter etc.